Sunday 6 February 2011

Introducing....

SHE'S HERE!!!


For those needing such information...
Miss Piggy was born at 3:45pm this afternoon after 3 hours of established labour at home - waterbirth in the bath...
No other way to do it as far as I am concerned!
(Birth pool didn't happen as our hot water cylinder would not have coped!)


Weight: 3.82kg/8 lb 4 oz
Height: 52cm
Head Circumference: 35.5cm

Highlights:





Look at that proud big brother smile...

It is amazing how emotional I felt introducing her to her brothers.



Intensely interested!!!

But only so far as to say:

...now my mommy can carry me again!
Poor Froggy... I missed carrying you too my precious boy!

Attempted to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little star to her, but stopped halfway and informed me he had forgotten the words!

 I imagine she looks much like any other newborn to anyone else, but to me she is beautiful...

Glad to have had the joyous news to share...

I can bend over again!


14 comments:

  1. Oh she is sooooo precious!!! What a cutie - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that is a very healthy baby there, gorgeous work, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS only just found your blog & started following & pow, you deliver a baby, that's impressive reading!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures. I LOVE the ones of the boys faces...almost makes me want to backtrack and try for a girl! Luckily that IS IMPOSSIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks ladies! We REALLY plan to ensure she is our last, so we're enjoying every minute knowing we won't get this again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you! Welcome to the world little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. naww well done you! yay a girl after 2 boys .. that's what I want! (although I'll settle for any healthy baby really!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just reading through this, two years later, and had a giggle! You got your girl :)

      Delete
  8. Big congrats and by all accounts a wonderful entry into the big wide world. Hope these first few days are filled with magic and wonder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! Congratulations to all concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! well done, what a beautiful birth story!
    And your boys look as pleased as punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is gorgeous! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations...what a sweetie! Fantastic to have her in three hours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! Am always very excited to read about a homebirth - you're a rockstar!

    And how precious are her brother's faces when they met her? Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...