Wednesday 24 November 2010

Sleep Training

I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this before! Sleep training is a concept that many  many parents just have no idea about.

I pity them.

My doctor's wife is a local radio DJ and she has just asked how to get a baby to sleep on the Classic Hits Northland Facebook Page. They are pregnant with their first child.

My answer - train them!

The Jord was an awful sleeper, I ended up with him in bed with me for three years - and The Man slept elsewhere for three years. Not very conducive to a great marriage...
Getting him out was the worst - I had the most traumatic parenting moments ever during that specific time.

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems: New, Revised, and Expanded EditionWith The Frog I had learnt my lesson. There was no way this child was coming anywhere near my bed - he had a perfectly good one of his own! And there was no way I was giving up my husband for another three years!

From day one, he was in his own bed, in his own room. And he slept through at 5 weeks.

No issues. And it's all thanks to this book. If you would like to have any kind of control over your life after you have kids read it... Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...